Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Transform, Never Conform, your Life: An excerpt from the book: I am that... that is in the Well

All change must come from within.  Any change forced upon you form the outside world is coercion or manipulation. When you conform you are adapting to someone else’s idea of how your life should be. Other forms of conform might include: kowtow,  peer pressure, intimidation, oppression or ‘playing the game.’ You instinctively would not do it, but you are reacting and not creating.

As a my friend, Ray Zwolinski,  once stated, “The root word in Conform is ‘con.’ And ‘cons’ ain’t good.” And Ray, if nothing else, is a unique person that lives with passion.

Conform is a result of external influence. At times it is so subtle that we are unaware of what is happening, while it is happening.  It seeps into our Well of the subconscious. The next thing we know we are reciting tunes from 40 years ago. Letting our pants hang low. Getting tattoos, or body piercing. Golfing or fishing when we should be working. Avoiding the responsibility for the direction that our life is going. We cease being a dream maker and by default, become an excuse maker.  Or worse, we lower our dreams. We lower our standards to justify our life. And worse yet, we continue to love (justify) our thoughts (ruts) and blame others for our plight.

I am not what you say I am or think I am. I am what I say I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you. You thoughts are always helpful.
Enjoy your day in paradise.